Advocacy: the act or process of supporting a cause or proposal
What else have we done in the last twenty-plus years?
- Worked with researchers preparing grant proposals related to IBC research.
- Served as consumer advocates for the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP), Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP).
- Placed IBCRF bookmarks in public libraries and other public spaces.
- Mailed out t-shirts, pins, bookmarks and brochures. [We no longer have shirts or pins, but still send out bookmarks and brochures. Order those here (link)
- Communicated with small groups about IBC.
- Replied to questions received on the Contact Us form. (add link)
- Volunteered time and talent for the Focus on IBC newsletter, the website, our brochures and bookmarks.
- Participated in Research Advocacy Network‘s Advocacy Institute training.
- Attended conferences to learn more about cancer and to share IBC information.
See a few examples of individual IBC advocacy efforts by many supporters over the years. Find more on the Take Action Now page (add internal link) Share your efforts, by contacting us. (link)