This booklet from the National Cancer Institute is for people with cancer who are thinking about joining a clinical trial, which is a research study that involves people. The booklet is available in Kindle, ePub, and .pdf formats, or you may order a free copy to be sent to you.
You will learn:
- How clinical trials take place in a series of steps, called phases
- How your rights are protected
- The process of randomization and why it is important
- The benefits and risks of taking part
- Questions for you to think about and discuss with your doctor
- How to find a clinical trial